Saturday, March 13, 2010

These are my (Bettie) cool new Shimano shoes with cleats to clip into my pedals. They replace my old shoes which both have holes; I've actually worn through a pair of cycling shoes -- I guess I've arrived. These shoes are cool because the top closure has a ratchet that allows the wearer to ratchet the shoes tighter (or looser) while riding. So now I have to learn to ride and adjust my shoes at the same time. The other cool thing about these shoes is this: Jessica tells me they make my huge feet look smaller. Me...small slender feet? I don't think that's been said about my feet since 1972. So now the question: how many pairs of shoes does one need to cycle-tour through Holland? One pair of cycling/walking shoes and one pair of flip flops? Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment